Thursday, December 4, 2008

Shir Poetry: Still

Still,
Apart from breathe.
Around me turns a world,
yet,
I am still.
Eyes,
locked forward,
bound in an empty gaze.
Because my eyes-

while clearly open,
cannot see.
Engulfed inside a sea of sounds once meant for notice-
I hear,
not one.
While the touch of flesh against my skin,
makes me whole,

and I am numbed.
So still I am,
I do not feel that I am not.

Slowly rising,
Slowly falling.
Fused into the space where I belong-
a perfect fit.
Still,
in this place,
Still,

like this.

1 comment:

  1. To Ms. Shir,

    I have read some of your posts, poems. I liked the imagination you have shown in the same. Your writing is capable of attracting a good readership.

    If you like short stories and paintings, then a short visit to my blogs would be an entertaining one.

    Naval Langa

    ReplyDelete